“what a wonderful world”
I know, I’ve been a bad blogger lately. There goes 2010 resolution #8,998. But, have no fear, the holiday food coma has worn off, all the suitcases have been unpacked, the skies are sunny again and life for KLP seems to finally be back to some kind of order, well at least the KLP kind.
Sadly this is the last of my photo posts from my amazing trip to Vietnam last December. I can’t believe it’s been a month since I returned. *Sigh*. I would definitely go again in a heartbeat.
The final part of my Vietnam trip included a visit to Vietnam’s central region where my friend Neha and I visited the central cities of Hue and Hoi An. We then traveled south and met up with my sister and her husband in the beautiful beach city of Nha Trang. I love how Vietnam has so many different regions, each unique in their own way. If you asked me which is my favorite city in Vietnam, I don’t think I would not be able to answer your question! You should just go visit them all :).
I have received a lot of positive feedback on my photos from Part 1 and Part 2. I feel fortunate that I can share with everyone my wonderful experiences :). Please keep in mind that if you are planning a big trip and want to spend less time taking pics, but want some pretty good pics at the same time, I am available and happy to take that load off for you :). I am so lil’ you won’t even notice I’m there :). In addition to my photography skills, I would also bring some of my other travel expertise to the table such as reading maps, finding good eats, updating my facebook status and working on my tan. Things I’m not quite as good at: saving your life in the ocean or other bodies of water, putting your luggage in the overhead compartment, making normal faces in jumping shots and not being tempted to eat everything I can.
Ok on with the photos!
Here are some pictures from the central city of Hue. Hue use to be an Imperial City so there were a lot of interesting sights to see. We got pretty lucky on our trip – it only rained 2 out of the 18 days on our trip. The only 2 days happen to be in Hue and Hoi An. Unfortunately though that meant I wasn’t able to take as many photos during these 2 days.
Amazing, isn’t it?!
Um no my camera was not upside down.
After Hue, we took a bus, yes a bus on a 4 hour trek to Hoi An. We got a little scared when the bus driver parked in the middle of the road, got out and started banging on the wheels. At that point, I wondered if I could make a living as a wedding photographer in Central Vietnam. When we finally got to Hoi An though, I was delighted by the charming streets of Hoi An and all of the shopping and tailor shops that made Hoi An so unique.
After two rainy days, we were ready to leave and then took a flight to the beach city of Nha Trang. I took a total of 9 flights during my entire Vietnam-Cambodia trip. Some of them were about an hour long so they weren’t too bad. We saved Nha Trang for the end of our trip so we could wind down and just do nothing (I’m very good at that by the way) :). We also decided to splurge and stay at the Evason Ana Mandera Resort & Spa in Nha Trang. It was super luxurious and private. We loved it and probably could have spent the entire 18 days here, doing nothing :). Sigh…just looking at these pics makes me want to take another vacation soon.
Our beach bungalow:
This is where I spent 90% of the 3 days in Nha Trang. The other 10% was spent at the spa :).
It was a little cloudy while we were in Nha Trang (the best time to go is during the summer months), but I did not mind waking up to this everyday:
You know no KLP beach vacation would not be complete without a leg shot:
If you are thinking the words “must be nice” in your head, it was :).
And of course we had to do a final jumping shot on our vaca. Neha is gonna kill me for posting this one, but what are friends for?! It’s actually my fault, I jumped early of course :).
A sorta normal one? Well at least Neha looks normal. My Michael Jordan impression didn’t work so well. And there’s that hat from Cambodia…
The other side of our resort…which we didn’t really venture to. It was hard to leave our beach chair when they are serving you fresh fruit and yogurt :).
No that is not the Hollywood sign in the distance. It is Vin Pearl Resort. I contemplated photoshopping the sign out of this photo.
Yes silliness runs in the Phams:
My brother-in-law Chris aka the Birdman. He’s gonna kill me for posting this hahaha. He learned well from KLP – anything to get the shot!!! 🙂
And that is all folks. Don’t be sad. I have a lot of more exciting trips planned for this year and I’ll be sure to share them all! 🙂